|Sophia Academy @ ICHS is a Christian arts-based high school serving bright students with language-based learning differences. All classes are taught using our successful multi-sensory and personalized approach. We are searching for an exceptional part-time Science teacher (Biology 2017-18) who will provide individualized and engaging instruction.
- Cultivate a learning environment that encourages discovery, creativity, and student growth through a rigorous hand-on approach.
- Offer positive feedback and coaching to promote student confidence and high academic outcomes
- Demonstrate awareness of students’ backgrounds, skills, proficiency levels, interests, learning styles, and special needs in lesson planning, pacing, and presentation
- Employ innovative instructional methods, and adjust instructional strategies based on assessment, standards, and goals to meet each student’s learning needs
- Utilize a variety of formative and summative assessments that track student learning against course goals
- Promote positive professionalism in all communications involving students, parents, staff, and visitors
- Eagerly engage in professional development to learn more about teaching students with dyslexia or dyscalculia
- Other duties may be assigned
What qualifications are needed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in subject matter
- PA teaching certification preferred but not required.
- Special Education coursework preferred
- Available to work Monday through Friday with part-time hours
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws; pass pre-employment background check.
If interested, click here.